Re: ORA-01578 data block corrupted

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:44:26 -0800

Yup, there are some nice ways for restoring even parts of a datablock using contents from corresponding indexes... or if it's an index block (just a plain count(*) can use indexes as well if all rows are quaranteed to be indexed), then you can "just" rebuild the index. So, nothing is lost, until it's completely lost ;)

Tanel.

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee