RE: table reorganizations - simple/complex

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 13:14:26 -0800

Nelson, I think you're right on both accounts.

About how a fragmented table would show up in 10046 data: there are lots of people on the list. Maybe one has the time to try it. If it takes more time, it'll show up in response time *somehow*. If not, then it's simply not a problem for the case being traced.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com

Upcoming events:

- Performance Diagnosis 101: 1/27 Atlanta
- SQL Optimization 101: 2/16 Dallas
- Hotsos Symposium 2004: March 7-10 Dallas
- Visit www.hotsos.com for schedule details...

Author: Cary Millsap
  INET: cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com