RE: ORA-3113 errors after switching W2K server to new network

From: Tim Onions <tim.onions_at_speechmachines.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 08:24:27 -0800

Paul

Sounds suspiciously like an issue we had when se set up our latest system - something in the firewall or network set-up has a TCP time-out in it. TCP (or the network or something I'm no network expert) drops the connection after 60 minutes resulting in client and Oracle server no longer being able to talk to each other (3113 etc). We get no logs either.

Sorry I can't actually help here but this error we see is nothing to do with Oracle, Net8 etc and everything to do with the network/firewall. We have not solved it yet but luckily our software is configurable and can disconnect/reconnect every 30 minutes so does not fall fowl of the issue.

Tim Onions
Head of Oracle Development
Speech Machines (A MedQuist Company)
...the speech-to-data Application Service Provider Tel: +44.1684.312364
http://www.speechmachines.com

Author: Paul Vincent
  INET: Paul.Vincent_at_uce.ac.uk

Author: Tim Onions
  INET: tim.onions_at_speechmachines.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 08 2004 - 10:24:27 CST