Re: OCP Question (Perf Tuning)

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 05:29:25 -0800

> We'll thats exactly what I'm doing right now, studying Oracle University
> instructor guides to temporarily start thinking like OU myself again -
I'll
> be instructing an OCP Review course next week, meant for people who want
> pass OCP. And in order to not distract the students, I won't even mention
> the real life situation too much, except in really misleading cases...

Hi Tanel

I have a Dr. friend of mine who teaches heart surgeons how to pass their medical exams.

Basically he simply teaches them to rip out the offending organ (generally found towards the left hand side of the upper chest), give it a bit of a squeeze, shake out any crap that might be inside, measure the Beats outside Chest Heart Ratio (BCHR), stick it back in, hope it's done some good and that the patient at least survives until they're 10 miles from the hospital.

He tells the students that it's important to do the above steps in the correct order as it's in the medical exam.

After the students have scribbled everything down, he then leans forward and quietly whispers to them that in the "real world", heart surgeons actual first check whether or not it's actually necessary to cut out the heart *beforehand*. He then gives them a little wink and a nod, the students usually reply with an "aaaahhhhhh" and the class moves on to discuss how to remove blood stains from their white surgical outfits.

IMHO it's all a little scary and a touch surreal and yet it all sounds strangely familiar ...

Cheers ;)

Richard

Author: Richard Foote
  INET: richard.foote_at_bigpond.com