Re: Re[1]: OCP question from Boson practice tests

From: Richard Foote <>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 05:04:29 -0800

Hi Prem

Comments in line.

> Hi Richard ,
> Many a thanx for both of your replies .
> All my worry is : do such questions appear in the real exams also ?

Although there are certainly some dodgy questions and correspondingly suz answers, I think you'll find the majority of the OCP exam will have 'relatively' clear answers. Certainly enough to make a failure be a deservable event :) My biggest wish would be for there to be 3 additional selections to most questions:

F) what does it matter so who cares

G) you would check the syntax, correct parameter name, etc. in the manuals

H) it depends

because the above 3 answers are generally (often collectively) the *correct* answer to the questions.

> And your reply has increased my self-confidence.
> particularly the line :
> <RF>Trust what you *see*, not what you *read*. </RF>
> <RF>You actually proven this yourself and yet you still have doubts? </RF>
> yes Richard : (
> hope i will not repeat this as time goes and my experience grows.
> i.e., i will be more confident with my answers .

Experience only comes with time. And in time, your confidence will grow.

Trust me, you'll get there.

> okay , coming back to the sizing of temp tablespace question .
> if suppose , such a question appears in the exam too ( my bad luck ) ,
> what will be your two best answers ?

Honestly, with this question, I would keep a mental picture of the thing, pick any 2 answers (users and sort_area_size would be my pick but as I said, they're simply not correct), move on to the next question and report back to Oracle what the hell they meant by the bloody thing.

Cheers (and good luck)

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
Author: Richard Foote

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051