Re: table reorganizations

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriole.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:14:25 -0800

Or in yet other words, is it worth spending two or three days (preparation + actual reorg - preferably on a sunday morning between 2 and 4am) on an inherently risky operation to shave 0.01% off response times ? Nobody will notice, or hardly. There is certainly much more to be gained checking queries which are run. Now, if you can identify with certainty that a critical query would significantly benefit from a reorg, do it.

HTH, SF

Author: Stephane Faroult
  INET: sfaroult_at_oriole.com