Re: OSUSER v 9.2.0.2 on linux

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 12:39:56 -0800

Lisa,
 I use the following SQL comand to check the system at various times during the day. I'm sure that it will give you the info you need from the V$sessions, V$Process, V$Sqlarea tables. When V$sqlarea like "DELETE FROM TABLEX" gather sytem id , osuerid etc and place in table. Ron

set pagesize 60
COLUMN SU FORMAT A8 HEADING 'ORACLE|USER ID' JUSTIFY LEFT COLUMN OSU FORMAT A8 HEADING 'SYSTEM|USER ID' JUSTIFY LEFT COLUMN STAT FORMAT A8 HEADING 'SESSION|STATUS' JUSTIFY LEFT COLUMN SSID FORMAT 999999 HEADING 'ORACLE|SESSION|ID' JUSTIFY RIGHT COLUMN SSER FORMAT 999999 HEADING 'ORACLE|SERIAL|NO' JUSTIFY RIGHT COLUMN SPID FORMAT A9 HEADING 'ORACLE|SESSION|ID' JUSTIFY RIGHT COLUMN TXT FORMAT A25 HEADING 'CURRENT STATEMENT' JUSTIFY CENTER WORD COLUMN LOGTIME FORMAT A10 HEADING 'LOGIN|TIME' JUSTIFY RIGHT SELECT
S.USERNAME SU,
S.OSUSER OSU,
to_char(S.LOGON_TIME,'MM-DD-YYYY HH24:MI:SS') LOGTIME,
S.STATUS STAT,
S.SID SSID,
S.SERIAL# SSER,

LPAD(P.SPID,9) SPID,
SUBSTR(SA.SQL_TEXT,1,540) TXT
FROM V$PROCESS P,
V$SESSION S,
V$SQLAREA SA
WHERE P.ADDR=S.PADDR
AND S.USERNAME IS NOT NULL
AND S.SQL_ADDRESS=SA.ADDRESS (+)
AND S.SQL_HASH_VALUE=SA.HASH_VALUE (+)

ORDER BY 1,3,6;

>>> lisa_at_cog.ufl.edu 01/07/2004 3:14:32 PM >>>
Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the direction on how to isolate the osuser for a
single session? (I do know about V$SESSION). What I am trying to accomplish
is when a delete is made on a table, I want my trigger to push that old
information into a "deleted" table--(no problem here) and include a field
"DELETED_BY" that would contain the osuser performing the deletion. What do
I need to query as part of that trigger to capture that single osuser?

Thanks much!

lc

Author: Lisa R. Clary
  INET: lisa_at_cog.ufl.edu