RE: Re[2]: another OCP question -- help me guys

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 07:44:50 -0800

Rachel,

        A few years ago I was offered a job by a defense contractor in the area who was looking for a DBA, but more importantly a DBA with a still active clearance. Well all was well in 90% of that company, except HR. Simple answer, no degree no job. I don't have the degree so they absolutely would not let the paperwork through, end of conversation. So yes it does matter even when it makes no sense. BTW: they did fill the job a year later with a person who had a degree in English believe it or not. Her clearance was inactive & not current as well. Guess it's better than no clearance.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA

Author: Thater, William