Re: another OCP question -- help me guys

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 04:49:25 -0800

Hi Prem,

Firstly, thank you for bringing back fond memories of when I used to teach this stuff for Oracle. If we ever meet one day, I'll show you my highlighter penned copy of the notes showing the various errors and inaccuracies (except the Performance Tuning course where I highlighted the correct bits ;)

Just a personal opinion (don't get me started on OCP) but if I were going for a certification classifying me as a "Professional", I would like to display a greater air of confidence in that I know what all this stuff actually means. I mean once you get the certificate, you'll actually be expected to know how to tune a temp tablespace, drop a tablespace, etc, right ... You're heading in the right direction by questioning these questions but knowing the answers to questions is not the same as being able to solve real-life problems which should be the mandatory skill of any so-called certified professional. I guess I'm suggesting that before you pin on the certification badge, you should have the skills to determine the correct answers to these questions yourself.

Now you've gone and got me started on OCP, but hopefully you know what I mean.

Question 1) Answer B - Statement will fail.

You actually proven this yourself and yet you still have doubts? Trust what you *see*, not what you *read*. The cascade constraints clause if used must go at the end of the statement.

Question 2) Answer A and C.

Again, a simple query or describe of these views would do the trick.

I think we can safely say that "Boson" (whatever he/she/it is) is not a very reliable source ...

Good luck with your OCP

Richard

Author: Richard Foote
  INET: richard.foote_at_bigpond.com