Re: OCP Question (Perf Tuning)

From: Jay Wade <fish_dba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 13:05:00 -0800

Thanks for the help.
Do you have any ideas to the FIRST_ROWS behavior in regards to NL?

I've been looking and found

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96533/optimops.htm#39473

it goes into detail about using hints for joins but now how the FIRST_ROWS forces a join selection on anything other then sample size. I'm interested to know more about the behavior and the links that I am finding don't seem to offer the depth I thought they would. Or maybe they do and I'm missing the boat....

Working moms: Find helpful tips here on managing kids, home, work — and yourself. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/workingmom.armx
Author: Jay Wade
  INET: fish_dba_at_hotmail.com