Re[2]: OCP Question (Perf Tuning)

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 11:29:33 -0800

Tuesday, January 6, 2004, 1:59:26 PM, Mladen Gogala (mgogala_at_adelphia.net) wrote: MG> Nope. The answer is b). In the FIRST_ROWS mode, optimizer prefers NL to all other MG> methos despite the price.

Does Oracle themselves *document* that what you say is the case? I believe you, but I'm not sure that Oracle documents what you just said, so short of looking at the code, I'm not sure how anyone could be expected to really *know* what the answer to the original question was, which makes me wonder if the question is really even a fair question to ask.

Do we *know* that B is the case, or have we just always *observed* that it *happens to be* the case?

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@gennick.com

Author: Jonathan Gennick
  INET: jonathan_at_gennick.com