Re: sql trace - forward attribution

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 09:24:25 -0800

> 2) since waits #0 appear only before the calls to a
> stored code - I don't know if they deliberatly "switch
> sessions" in the code that runs on the app server and
> run the stored code as the schema owner (similar to
> switching current schema as an alternative to using
> synonyms) or it is a feature of Oracle's proxy
> authentication implementation

If this overhead happens only with stored code executions, could there be some dependency tracking like with forms & dblinks (this remote_dependencies_mode parameter etc..). This proxy authentication is quite new and probably quite low level functionality, it wouldn't be a surprise if Oracle had some special shortcut there (internal cursor #0 which isn't ever parsed or similar?)

> 3) how to check "proxy identity" of the user - i.e.
> how to run something like sys_context('userenv',
> 'proxy_user') for sessions other than my own.

Check V$SESSION_CONNECT_INFO view.
CLIENT_IDENTIFIER in V$SESSION might show something as well, if mid-tier is configured to pass client id to server.

Tanel.

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee