Re: Convert to Locally-Managed Tablespaces

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 18:09:25 -0800

Tanel,

That's a good idea. I briefly considered this, but didn't really dig into it.

The systems I need to do this on is our SAP systems, and downtime is a precious commodity, especially for production.

I just may try this on our test system. The problem with SAP of course, and many other ERP's is that there are 22k+ tables, which could consume a bit of time.

The amount of fragmented space that would be recovered is probably not worth the trouble of this procedure, depending on how much time it takes.

I see that you too need to keep the original tablespace names, is this SAP per chance?

If you have already performed a test of this, what kind of times are you seeing, along with relevant platform information, and the number of tables/indexes?

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com