Re: stress testing

From: <tjambu_fatcity_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 13:14:29 -0800

Hi Tim

Tony Jambu here. Saw your posting to Oracle-l with regards to your sp_vmstat.sh script. I am not sure if know but I write a regular hints & tips column for Select Journal. I read your article and would like to mention your script and point people to the script. Do you mind if I mention it and also to point them to somewhere where they are able to get a copy of it? Dont want them hassling you and sending emails requesting it. Let me know what you think

ta
tony

At 09:14 AM 03/01/2004 -0800, Tim Gorman wrote:

>Henry,
>
>I use the attached shell script to gather and store VMSTAT information in a
>custom table within the PERFSTAT schema (i.e. schema belonging to
>STATSPACK). Allows for some nice reporting over time, rather than
>"anecdotal" here-and-there observations. Should work OK on Solaris, HP, and
>Linux.
>
>Be aware: the script expects to use the standard "oraenv" and "dbhome"
>scripts to set up the Oracle environment variables, and expects a "hidden"
>file in the $HOME directory of the owner's UNIX account for storing Oracle
>passwords, and also has optional functionality to email/page in the event of
>trouble.
>
>Hope this helps...
>
>-Tim
>
>on 1/2/04 11:54 AM, Poras, Henry R. at Henry_Poras_at_dfci.harvard.edu wrote:
>
>> We are planning on running some stress tests on a PeopleSoft/Oracle/Solaris
>> system starting next week (using LoadRunner). I have never gone through a
>> formalized stress test before (most of my stress is brought about informally).
>> So far I am planning to gather statspack information, and periodically get
>> vmstat from the OS. Is there anything else that I should collect? Thanks for
>> the
>> help.
>>
>> Henry

 _____       ________ / ____|Tony Jambu, Database&Web Consultant
  /_  _        /_ __ /      |Wizard Consulting Pty Ltd
 /(_)/ )(_/ \_/(///(/_)/_(  |IOUG's Select Asia-Pacific Tech. Editor
 \_______/                  |EMAIL: TJambu @ wizard.cx (REMOVE Spaces from email )
----------------------------|PHONE: +61-419-TJAMBU(852628)

  INET: tjambu_fatcity_at_yahoo.com.au