Re: Problem with changing Dedicated Server to Shared Server

From: <Reginald.W.Bailey_at_jpmorgan.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 10:34:33 -0800

Try ensuring that they have different port numbers. One port number for the shared servers and a different one for the dedicated server. If they are going to use the same port number for dedicated, then it will be listed in the listener.ora file for reference. If each database is using a shared server, then they will each have different port numbers. Then change the entries in the tns names files or name server to accomodate the change.

RWB

Reginald W. Bailey
IBM Global Services
JPMC Account - DCI ETS Database Management Your Friendly Neighborhood DBA

                    oraclemavelgo@
                    yahoo.com            To:     ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
                    Sent by:             cc:
                    ml-errors_at_fatc       Subject:     Problem with changing Dedicated Server to Shared Server
                    ity.com

                    01/05/2004
                    11:59 AM
                    Please respond
                    to ORACLE-L

Hello everybody
  <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
/>

I'm trying to change the Oracle 8i Dedicated Server to Shared (I don't have problems with memory, so I 've configured the large pool well).

There are two databases on the same server (NT Server) , when I change one to shared server, the users can't connect to the other one. If I change both to shared server, the users can't connect to the second I changed.

I proved with Oracle 9i on Windows NT and the same problem exists.

How can I resolve this?

Regards

Mauricio Vélez

Do you Yahoo!?