RE: IBM Workload Manager (WLM)

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 04:34:25 -0800

Thank you for answering, Babette.

Your use of WLM is as I have it in mind. However, a year ago, or so, before I was hired, the Infrastructure department once switched it on, and overall performance dropped drastically. Of course they did something wrong. But, nothing was logged/documented or whatsoever, and now anyone is scared by the unknown.
That's why I like to hear a 'successtory' so I can convince them that we at least should try it again in better controlled conditions, and see what WLM can/can't do for us. A failure story is as welcome, of course. I may have to look for another option then.

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===

Author: Carel-Jan Engel
  INET: cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl