Re: rman restore question

From: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh_at_tufts.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:49:24 -0800

After I did some testing, it is impossble to restore and recover a deleted obsolete backupset. So I took off the delete obsolete command. Retention policy to redundancy still keep it to 1. I did couple backups and run "list backup of database" and "report obsolete" command. Although report obsolet show the backupset but they also shown in list backup of database report and status is valid. Now I have to rephase my question, is it possible to recover from an old backups? I tried restore full, it keep give me the error
and asking the newest backupset which I intend move to somewhere else.

RMAN-03002: failure of restore command at 12/31/2003 15:36:27 ORA-19505: failed to identify file
"/rmanbackup/ADVDBA_F_20031231:15:03:39_1.450.rman" ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status
IBM AIX RISC System/6000 Error: 2: No such file or directory

Joan

Author: Joan Hsieh
  INET: joan.hsieh_at_tufts.edu