Re: Apps 11.5.9 Disater Recovery Site

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:44:26 -0800

Hi!

> I've been doing 11.5 cloning for several years and think I've found most
(but I'm sure not all) of
> the database and filesystem changes required.

Yep, in older 11.5's you had to manually modify conf files and profile options, but starting from 11.5.7 you have autoconfig with installation, so you don't have to search&modify any config files manually anymore, just modify the context xml file with editcontext and run adadcfg utility to apply the changes to corresponding places (don't remember the utility name exactly).

You can and should use autoconfig in older versions than 11.5.7 as wel, but you have to install it using a patch.

> adpatch is what concerns me the most since it requires a database
connection to function. It can't
> connect to the DR database since it will be in a recovery mode. I'm
thinking that setting the
> two_task to a service that points back to the production system would
work. You bring up an
> interesting question though. c, d, and g drivers are very specific in the
functions they perform.
> Now that Oracle is moving to the u driver, I'll need to look into this.

Why do you want to patch anything at disaster recovery site at all? When you apply any d-patches in primary, their changes will be transferred to secondary via redologs.
When you apply any c&g-patches in primary, you just use rsync to synchronize all changes to secondary site file system as well. There is no need for running adpatch in secondary site at all.

Happy new year!
Tanel.

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee