RE: Oracle OID and Production Databases Sharing the same

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 04:59:26 -0800

Paul, Ron, Ravi & Brian,

Thanks for the replies.  I should have known that keeping them separate was the smart thing to do.  We've tried twice now to apply patch 62 (a security notice) to the 9.2.0.4 software.  It's failed both times.  The first with Java errors, and the second with something else.  If we had two separate instances, at least our production instance would probably have been patched easily and just the OID instance would be "in the weeds".

Now I need to schedule some other down time to create a new Oracle home.

Thanks again.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional
Date: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 12:34 pm

  INET: brian.mcgraw@ipacc.com

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com
Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS@galottery.org

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com
San Diego, California        -- Mailing list and web hosting services

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us