RE: Deleting database

From: QuijadaReina, Julio C <QuijadJC_at_alfredstate.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 05:39:24 -0800

Carel-Jan,

Thanks for your insight in the difference between export/import and copying databases. Two factors had me initially thinking of doing export/import: 1) The tables in production are not big and 2) tables are not subject to heavy changes. As it was pointed out before and although I am not in favor of analyzing stats in a regular basis, the need for analyzing statistics will be determined by the circumstances of one's environment.

My test database is more like a test to my logical backups and to have an instance for me to study the tables of this application.

Thanks Branimir, Ron, and Vaidya too for your ideas. Now I have a broader view of the various ways to delete a database.

Regards,

Julio Cesar Quijada-Reina
Programmer Analyst
Computer Services at Alfred State College

Author: Carel-Jan Engel
  INET: cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl

Author: QuijadaReina, Julio C
  INET: QuijadJC_at_alfredstate.edu