Hardware for RAC?

From: Ikediugwu, Chinedu SITI-ITPSIE <C.Ikediugwu_at_shell.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 04:59:37 -0800

Message

Hello,

I have been asked to setup a test environment for RAC. However, I don't know so much about hardware.

My questions may appear dumb, please take no offence, I'm a beginning DBA and I really want to know.

1. Can I use 2 nodes of different makes (one IBM and one Compaq), but using same Oracle and OS versions (9.2.0.4 & Linux respectively)?
2. Can I set RAC up, using only the public network?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Chinedu

Author: Ikediugwu, Chinedu SITI-ITPSIE