Re: Apps 11.5.9 Disater Recovery Site

From: Faan DeSwardt <faan_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:09:25 -0800

Ron,

Tanel and John have definitely covered the various inherent risks and challenges with Oracle Apps DR sites and I would strongly advise you to read all the references that Tanel pointed out as an Apps database is definitely the most complex and challenging I have worked with when it comes to DR sites, especially the 'nologging' aspect.

Something that worked very well for us to get around the host names being stored everywhere in the file system and database is to use logical host names that you can change on the DNS and /etc/hosts file on the fly when required. This is also useful when you later implement fail over solutions like MC/Serviceguard or even just manual failover. Logical host names will save you endless debugging adventures, especially when Oracle "introduces" a new profiles setting or file in a patch that stores the host name and your post-refresh script misses this one...8-0

Good Luck!

Faan

Author: Faan DeSwardt
  INET: faan_at_sbcglobal.net