Re: Oracle OID and Production Databases Sharing the same Oracle Home

From: <brian.mcgraw_at_ipacc.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:59:26 -0800

I would opt to separate them.

I ran into some problems with a Collaboration Suite install, where I wanted to use the OID database, to store my files data as well. It failed in a spectacular fashion. An Oracle support analyst said that was a bad idea. When I asked him if I could just create another instance with the same $ORACLE_HOME, he frowned on it, because the database version used by OID isn't really *that* supported by Oracle.

I don't know what makes it so special, but I got the impression from him that it was a fragile database release, meant for use by Oracle only.

My $.02 -

Brian