Re: Should we stop analyzing?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 09:29:32 -0800

There is a hint, and there is a parameter.

    optimizer_dynamic_sampling = 2
is probably a good way of making sure
that all queries involving GTTs get a
dynamic sample of 32 blocks on the GTT

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html

Three-day seminar:
see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html ____UK___November

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

> .... to get dynamic sampling one must specify that as a hint .. right? can
cbo use dynamic sampling automatically on GTTs?

Author: Jonathan Lewis
  INET: jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk