Re: Re: getting estimate of result set from v$sql_plan

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:34:27 -0800

I'll add the missing part to one of statements in the beginning of my last mail:

> 3rd is probably quite inaccurate, especially when histograms aren't
> calculated on non-single row predicate columns (again, with bind
> variables is useless). Also, if you want to use it, you have to find
> the right row for the

... rowcount (cardinality). For select queries this is normally the execution plan row with id = 1 in v$sql_plan, but for update for example, it's the id=0 row that shows cardinality.

Tanel.
Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee