RE: A performance problem

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:04:25 -0800

Venu,

You can work out the trace file name for Conc jobs. The OS process for a CM job is stored in the ORACLE_PROCESS_ID in FND_CONCURRENT_REQUESTS for that particular REQUEST_ID. You can then use this process number to generate the trace file in udump (normally
$ORACLE_HOME/admin/<DBSID>/udump/*<Os_proc>*.trc in the case of a UNIX based 11i DB server). Although this would have been just a SQL_TRACE (10046 Level 1), you can *still* run a tkprof on it to determine which SQL consumed the most time....

Hth,
John Kanagaraj
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Disappointment is inevitable, but Discouragement is optional!

Author: John Kanagaraj
  INET: john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com