OT: Re: 10g new features question for beta testers

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 00:39:27 -0800

Oh yes, the RDD story is good. Carel-Jan and I were in Paris for Oracle World, sharing the horrendous costs of a hotel room, and having one final beer when the phone rang at 2 am.

It was a Dane, and it was also one of Miracle's support customers. Since our motto for Miracle Support is "Call us anytime about anything" I of course answered the phone.

He was slightly drunk after the big Oracle party, he was lost in a deserted area with no roads, couldn't remember the name of his hotel or the street or the Metro station near it, and he had just been robbed by six guys. Initially they had been two, and he fought like a real Dane, but when the four others came around he went down, and they took his wallet.

So we asked him several times if he could describe anything he could see, and he finally told us "I can zee the Raifel Tover". Is it close? we asked. "Noo, it's weeery far awaaay" he answered. So now we knew he was in Paris.

Finally, after much talking and him walking around for a while, he managed to stop a taxi, who then spoke French to Carel-Jan. Carel-Jan directed the taxi to our hotel, paid it, and led the good Dane to our room. There we washed off the blood & mud on him, gave him a beer, and put him to sleep on the floor.

He thought he had received splendid support :-).

I'm sure this could become a textbook case in some future book by Tom Peters and other management gurus.

Mogens

Author: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mogens_N=F8rgaard?=
  INET: mln_at_miracleas.dk