Re: any single serial session will never get more than 5% of pga_aggregate_target

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 09:04:25 -0800

Hi!

You may want to set _smm_max_size parameter to higher value (see my recent post about pga_aggregate_target), but I think setting your sessions pga management temporarily to manual + setting sort_area_size, as Jared and Jonathan already recommended, is better solution for your current issue.

Tanel.

> Is there any way to give say 75% of pga_aggregate_target
> to a single session? The reason I am asking this is -
> sometimes we need to build an index as soon as possible
> and the index creating is the only thing running and
> other applications are stopped waiting for the index.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roger

reasonable starting value for the pga_aggregate_target parameter?

> Jeffrey Beckstrom
> Database Administrator
> Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
> 1240 W. 6th Street
> Cleveland, Ohio 44113
>

> For technical support please email tech_support_at_dp7uptx.com or you can
> call (972)721-8257.
Security System.

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee