Re: 10g new features question for beta testers

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 08:39:25 -0800

The credit for that goes to Gary Dodge. It has been his email signature for better than 10 years...

"Building tomorrow's legacy systems today - one crisis at a time"

Gene Fosnight (a successfully retired Oracle consultant) had an email signature that was, if anything, even better:

"Look, listen, and learn, for an original mistake is as rare as an original idea."

on 12/22/03 5:34 PM, Mogens Nørgaard at mln_at_miracleas.dk wrote:

> Imagine the banner text: "Miracle A/S. The Legacy Support of Tomorrow.
> Filling the Gap (jeans) like nobody else."
>
> Thanks to Tim Gorman for inspiration. I don't recall the text completely
> anymore, but he used to have this one about "Building tomorrow's legacy
> systems - one crisis at a time". Or something to that effect.
>
> Mogens
>
> Pete Sharman wrote:
>
>> But I thought this was the perfect opportunity for Miracle to fill any
>> perceived gap in support?  :)
>>
>> Pete
>>
>> "Controlling developers is like herding cats."
>>
>> Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook
>>
>> "Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"
>>
>> Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA

>>> me. Time will tell how close Oracle are to achieving

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: tim_at_sagelogix.com