Re: Re: please help with materialized view question

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 14:39:34 -0800

Normally you can get extra tables involved with an MV by creating a Dimension that
describes all the relationships between the tables in the MV and the tables outside the MV - but the only times I've done this, the extra tables have always been at the parent end of a parent/child link to a table in the MV.

Given the way the 'create dimension' defines levels and hierarchies, I think this may be a requirement; so you may not be able to do what you want to do.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html

Three-day seminar:
see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html ____UK___November

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

> I figured it out. I need some help with query re-write. Im not sure its
possible.

> My materialized view joins 3 tables on the primary key/foreign key. I have
a query that would join that materialized view to a third transactional table, but that join is not on any primary key or foreign key.

Author: Jonathan Lewis
  INET: jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk