Re: RE: does CPU usage matter when scaling?

From: <ryan_oracle_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:34:25 -0800

the cpu right now is high because they are not-using bind variables. Which is being fixed. So I was ignoring CPU usage.

Ive read that article. I dont remember any CPU material in there. I just focused on LIOs and didnt realize I needed to monitor CPU. However, high LIOs will lead to high CPU right? So in order to tune, wouldnt I concentrate on lowering LIOs and as a result that will bring down CPUs. I take CPU as a consequence of something, but not as a means to an ends.

or am I wrong here?

Author: <ryan_oracle_at_cox.net
  INET: ryan_oracle_at_cox.net