ora-942 message in alert log

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 07:39:25 -0800

Yesterday, we received the below message in our alert log.  Normally, we do not see such messages in an alert log.  It might be a spurious message since in the associated trace file it first says:  FATAL ERROR IN TWO-TASK SERVER: error = 12571  which is a networking error.  Maybe just had a connection problem and gave a bad error.

Mon Dec 22 12:05:43 2003
Errors in file f:\oracle\trace\ORA04312.TRC:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

In the trace file:
*** SESSION ID:(13.65246) 2003-12-22 12:05:43.380
FATAL ERROR IN TWO-TASK SERVER: error = 12571
*** 2003-12-22 12:05:43.427
ksedmp: internal or fatal error
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
No current SQL statement being executed.

@m:\sql\grants\triggers\pa_projects_all_rta
Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
Author: Jeffrey Beckstrom
  INET: JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org