RE: TNSPING VS. REGULAR PING..! WHY SUCH A DIFFERENCE

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 04:54:27 -0800

ANd one more thing about Ping vs Tnsping when going thru a firewall. Some firewalls are setup to not allow a Ping to pass thru, but sql connections are allowed. So a Ping will return not found, while a tnsping will return ok. I have that situation here all over the freakin place.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com

---

Author: Mark Leith
  INET: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us