RE: Unable to coonect to database after server upgraded from NT to W2K

From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:39:25 -0800

good call.
You'll also see this if a W2K Server that is running an Oracle Database is migrated from an NT4 or W2K domain to an "Active Directory".

unfortunately, the default value of this parameter in 8.1.6 and 8.1.7 was "(NTS)".

the use of the environment variable "TNS_ADMIN" pointing to a network share makes this a non-issue, but if you had config files on the user desktops, you'll be using a login script to push out a new copy.

then again, the developers that want to maintain their own fat client config files will still have to make modifications. (Hi Alan :) ).

I already got what I wanted for Christmas ... going to Hotsos!!

Pd

Do you Yahoo!?
New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing. http://photos.yahoo.com/
Author: Paul Drake