RE: RE: 10g new features question for beta testers

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:09:26 -0800

Just a couple of comments on this which hopefully won't go down the Marketing track too far. :)

  1. I'm pretty sure Steve Adams agrees with you, since he co-presented on ASM at OracleWorld in San Fran. Not sure if he monitors this group actively or not, but I believe the presentation he did is loaded with all the other OracleWorld 2003 presentations so you can see what he said.
  2. One point which makes a lot of sense to me, and it happens in a variety of places in 10g such as ASM and the RAC clusterware. If you have one vendor to raise an issue with (not that you'd need to do that with Oracle of course!), it's a lot easier to get an answer without the finger pointing that can go on between vendors. Take the clusterware example - if you run into a problem running RAC on Sun with the Sun Cluster technology and Veritas owning the disk side, who you gonna call? GhostBusters, maybe! But if you're running RAC on Sun with Oracle's clusterware and ASM, it's a lot easier to determine who to call.

Pete

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!"

Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA

Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Connor=20McDonald?=
  INET: hamcdc_at_yahoo.co.uk

Author: Pete Sharman