** advanced replication :: not propagating

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 12:29:26 -0800

Hi,
  I newly setup master to master replication : I followed the steps. It is 9i so no need to run catrep  :

1) Create replication administrator repadmin
 2) Grant privileges and register repadmin as propagator and receiver
3) Create public database links, private database link in repadmin.
4) Create master groups, add objects and generate support.
5) Add master sites.
6) Schedule push and purge jobs.
7) Resume master activity

The arrangement is primary --> secondary. I have made the push and purge jobs at secondary as broken.

After that I made updates to the replicated tables and I can see the entry in deftran. The push job executes at primary but transactions are not being propagated to secondary. I ran the job manually. It does not give any error but does not propagate. I can still see the entries in deftrandest.

The links are working fine. Maybe I missed a step but cannot figure out.

When I give the command to quisce replication that is SUSPEND_MASTER_ACTIVITY, then it propagates and applies the change to the other site. Which is strange of course. I tried this couple of times just to make sure that is the case. Maybe quisce does some operation and it leads to it and maybe there is a clue there but I cannot find.

Can someone help? Thank You.

Do you Yahoo!?
Author: A Joshi
  INET: ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com