Re: Career Advice

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriole.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:54:24 -0800

Believe somebody who first learned SQL back in 83, it's too late for Java now. Run-of-the-mill skill. Any young grad will know it and will be less expensive.
ERP would be a good bet, because people learn them at work, mostly. Now, would a company change be justified just for that? Probably not. As you said, you are hired for what you know, not what you want to learn. Grasp opportunities, learn whatever looks to you useful - and fun.

My 0.02 EUR.

SF

Author: Stephane Faroult
  INET: sfaroult_at_oriole.com