RE: no longer listening

From: QuijadaReina, Julio C <QuijadJC_at_alfredstate.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:24:34 -0800

Mladen,

I did look at the listener.log file and did not see any changes as far as network configuration. The host where the database is running on does not have a fixed IP address though. It gets a lease from a DHCP. I checked the logs on the DHCP and the IP for my database host has not changed lately. Also, the HOST parameter in listener.ora has assigned to it the host's name and not its IP address.

Julio Cesar Quijada-Reina
Programmer Analyst
Computer Services at Alfred State College

Author: Mladen Gogala
  INET: mladen_at_wangtrading.com

Author: QuijadaReina, Julio C
  INET: QuijadJC_at_alfredstate.edu