RE: Career Advice

From: Saira Somani-Mendelin <saira_somani_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:19:35 -0800

Hi Allan,

Please call me Saira :)

All you are saying is true. I find that in my present role, I don't have access to the applications source code so I have to look at the database for performance tuning (which should be the case anyway to start).

On the other hand, I'm the only one at this job so I have a lot of flexibility about how much I know about the application - luckily, I own all of it so I am able to experiment at my leisure.

Thank you for taking out the time to write all your thoughts. You've given me much to think about.

Saira

Author: Saira Somani-Mendelin
  INET: saira_somani_at_yahoo.com

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Copying, forwarding or distributing this message by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. This email may have been monitored for policy compliance. [021216]

Author: Nelson, Allan
  INET: anelson_at_midf.com

Author: Saira Somani-Mendelin
  INET: saira_somani_at_yahoo.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Dec 17 2003 - 13:19:35 CST