RE: Re: Who are certified Oracle Masters?

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:19:27 -0800

That's correct. I believe the reasoning is that the advanced courses (listed below) that are included have to include hands on. The Internals seminars are not hands on. As a couple of asides, Scott is not the only instructor who runs those internals seminars, and I'm not even sure if he's running them now as he's moved into Advanced Technology Solutions in Oracle Consulting.

The advanced courses listed in the OCM description fall into the following categories:

Database Applications

Advanced PL/SQL

Oracle9i: Program with PL/SQL
Oracle9i: Advanced PL/SQL
Oracle9i: Implement Advanced Queuing

Performance Management

Oracle9i: SQL Tuning Workshop
Oracle8i: SQL Statement Tuning Workshop Oracle9i Database: Advanced Instance Tuning

Advanced Networking and Replication

Oracle Net Services: Advanced Administration Oracle9i Database: Advanced Replication Oracle8i Distributed Systems Part 2: Advanced Replication Administering the Oracle Internet Directory

Database and Data Management

Oracle Enterprise Manager 9i
Managing Oracle on Linux
Oracle9i Database: Implementing Oracle Streams

Advanced Oracle Security

Oracle9i Database: Security

High Availability

Oracle 9i: Data Guard Administration
Oracle8i: Parallel Server Implementation Oracle9i: Real Application Clusters
Oracle9i Database: Advanced Backup and Recovery using RMAN

Data Warehouse and Large Scale Databases

Oracle9i: Data Warehouse Administration Oracle9i Database: Implement Partitioning

Pete

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!"

Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Author: Pete Sharman
  INET: peter.sharman_at_oracle.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Dec 17 2003 - 10:19:27 CST