RE: Free Memory in v$sgastat

From: Sinardy Xing <SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:24:25 -0800

Hi Mladen,

I try to understand 8i, and I am not using MTS, my current understanding is UGA and PGA only exists (I mean in use or in the picture) when you are using MTS.

Oracle themselves said "'free memory' are more properly thought of as wasted space"

I just wondering why this million dollar RDBMS can't make use of this space? everything are in terms of Oracle Block, you can release and reuse the blocks. Well maybe quite difficult to get long continuous blocks, but it still free space, I am so blur now....

Sinardy

Author: Mladen Gogala
  INET: mgogala_at_adelphia.net

Author: Sinardy Xing