RE: Using a '.' in a username

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:29:26 -0800

OK, I've been using Oracle since 5.0, so does that mean I can give you the company line and the condescending attitude?  J

Actually, I think you're reading too much into Vlad's email.  He was simply pointing out it COULD be done.  As you say, that doesn't mean it SHOULD be done, but I don’t believe he meant to come across as condescending.  Now if you REALLY want condescending …   J

Pete

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"

Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA

Author: Joe Testa

  INET: oracle-l@oracle-dba.com

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com

San Diego, California        -- Mailing list and web hosting services

Author: Pete Sharman
  INET: peter.sharman_at_oracle.com