RE: Re: 24 x 7 x 365

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:54:26 -0800

Tanel,

There's a whole boatload of race conditions in that sort of replication architecture. As murali has pointed out, single-side commits create manual rollback situations - plus what happens when both transactions succeed, but in the delay between the two commits one side begins operating on a just-changed record....

And then the last problem situation is invalidating one side of the database when a link goes down - how do you bring it back into sync? Do you journal transactions?

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Zito
GridApp Systems

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Matthew Zito INET: mzito_at_gridapp.com Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).