RE: connection pooling from an application server to oracle

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:54:34 -0800

Ryan

   It depends on the application. For most applications the app. server connection pooling works satisfactorily (with grumbling from the DBA). For other applications that isn't good enough. An example might be a high-security financial application where you must trace each connection and transaction back to a specific user. Everyone has their own Oracle username.

Bale's book Java Programming with Oracle JDBC describes three connection models for Java programs.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/059600088X/qid=1071503575//ref =sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/103-7713527-1855831?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: <ryan_oracle_at_cox.net
  INET: ryan_oracle_at_cox.net

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Dec 15 2003 - 09:54:34 CST