RE: Performance tuning in complex environment

From: <Avnish.Rastogi_at_providence.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:44:28 -0800

I will try to get the output of v$system_event and will send it you guys. In the mean time I have more question..

I am reading Cary's 'Optimizing Oracle Performance Book'. I am half way thru and over looked rest of the chapters but didnt find an easy way to analyze thousands of lines trace file. I am not very good in analyzing big trace files and wondering how you guys analyze do that. Do you do it manually or use any tool to get summarized report. I didnt see anything in that book. I am also planning to take class from HotSos in Feb, 2004 in Seattle to see if that will help. I really appreciate all of your input.

Thanks

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com

Author: <Avnish.Rastogi_at_providence.org