RE: Re[2]: http://www.wintercorp.com/vldb/2003_TopTen_Survey/TopT

From: Loughmiller, Greg <Greg.Loughmiller_at_cingular.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 07:29:27 -0800

extreme parallelism:-)   A share-nothing architecture. and some specific software that takes advantage of a hardware configuration..   It's pretty cool stuff for the high end in size DB's. I have seen/performed several comparisons.. And when you are spinning thru large result sets (millions of rows) - TD was the winner hands down...

And it's rather expensive stuff.  They provide specific hardware along with the software. So they would be a Hardware/Software vendor

Jonathan is correct - WalMart uses Teradata.

Author: Jonathan Gennick
INET: jonathan@gennick.com

Author: Loughmiller, Greg
  INET: Greg.Loughmiller_at_cingular.com