Re: Performance tuning in complex environment

From: <ryan_oracle_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:59:27 -0800

DBAs should never 'guess' about performance. If they are guessing you need new DBAs.

They should be running statspacks, sql trace, and looking at timing data.

Its too much to explain in an email. Fire your DBAs and find people who dont 'guess'. How much are you paying these guys?

Author: <ryan_oracle_at_cox.net
  INET: ryan_oracle_at_cox.net