RE: Oracle Data Guard

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 07:44:43 -0800

Hi, Guang,

Look up SDU and TDU in Oracle documentation Network configuration. You set them in tnsnames.ora and listener.ora, not sqlnet.ora. protocol.ora allows you to modify some procotol-specific parameters. In addition, in your client application, you can choose a sensible array fetch size, such as arraysize in sqlplus (in fact, sqlplus arraysize changes more than just network data chunk size). You can't magically increase the network transfer rate by lowering network latency. But you can indirectly increase the rate by other means, such as buffering slightly more data in one chunk.

Yong Huang

Guang Mei wrote:

I have never worked on Network stuff. But is there any easy parameters we could set in sqlnet.ora so that we could increase the DB performance by increase the network transfer rate (without doing anything else)? BTW my sqlnet.ora (on a Sun Box) has only two lines: ...
NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = incyte.com
NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, ONAMES, HOSTNAME)

Guang

Do you Yahoo!?
New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing. http://photos.yahoo.com/

Author: Yong Huang
  INET: yong321_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Dec 10 2003 - 09:44:43 CST