Re: rebuilding indexes - sure to cause a ruckus

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 02:39:34 -0800

Hi Yong,

One thing I should have mentioned when I posted my "epic" is that it not only attempts to correct the numerous technical errors in the article but also attempts to answer the various questions the article raises but totally fails to address. What I find most astonishing about the article is that the author confesses at the conclusion he has no idea when and why an index rebuild is beneficial. And as the author doesn't know, then surely it must all be so difficult, a "scientific-less phenomenon".

If I can convince anyone who makes it through my email that this isn't rocket science, then it's been worth the bandwidth.

BTW, does anyone know what a rocket scientist refers to when they say "Hey, this is all quite easy, it sure ain't ?????" ?

Cheers ;)

Richard

Author: Richard Foote
  INET: richard.foote_at_bigpond.com