Re: Oracle Data Guard

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:19:25 -0800

Comments inline

At 14:54 8-12-03 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi Carel,
>
>That is good help, can you please send me the pdf that
> you implemented there then.

Was on its way already

> Tell me one thing I agree that we some
>times
>(rather most of the time ) generate less redo so we
>should be smooth. Can you tell me is there any
>releation between LSB and Primary keys, I read like
>LCR(logical Change Request) is based on Primary keys
>as It does not depends on Transaction at that time.

Because LSB 'reverse engineers' SQL from the redolog info, it needs to get hold of the right rows. The rows get inserted/updated/deleted, and _a_ unique identification, not being the rowid, is required. So, every row needs to be uniquely identified.

>Have you implemnented LSB successfully?

Yes, using a PSB / LSB combination for standby and reporting purposes respectively.

Author: Carel-Jan Engel
  INET: cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl